- This event has passed.
Alberta Cup 1 & 2, December 2 – 3, 2017
December 1, 2017 - December 2, 2017
The Canmore Nordic Ski Club is proud to be hosting AB Cup 1 & 2 Season Opener
For a document with all of the information, click here
Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park
Friday, December 1, 2017
Official Training – 12:00 – 16:00
Saturday, December 2, 2017 – Distance
Individual – Free Technique
Sunday, December 3, 2017 – Distance
Mass Start – Classic Technique
*Saturday & Sunday Distance races will be held on the Biathlon Trails.
*Para Nordic will be accommodated
HOW TO ENTER
1. Entries will only be accepted as on-line registration through the Zone 4 website at www.zone4.ca
after November 1st, 2017.
2. The Zone 4 website provides the opportunity for participants to confirm that their entry has been received. Please note: Zone 4 only supports VISA and MasterCard. Payment must be made at the time of registration.
3. NEW – All participants will be required to have a Canmore Nordic Centre Pass, during registration process, participants will be prompted to enter their season’s pass number or purchase a day ticket at the discounted rate of $7.50. Participants will not be able to complete registration without completing these steps. The fine for skiing without a pass is $172.00.
4. Race Entry Fees
Mini Midget & younger $20.00/per race
Midget/Juvenile $35.00/per race
Open (Junior M/W,B/G, Para Seniors, Masters) $40.00/per race
Supporting Member Day License $5.00
– No race day registration –
– There will be a $50 replacement fee for any transponders not returned to Zone4 –
5. Race Entry Deadline
Wednesday November 29, 2017 – 23:00 Mountain Time
6. Seeding List Deadline
Friday Dec 1, 2017 1600 MT
AGE CATEGORIES FOR RACES
|Category||Year of Birth|
|Atom||2010 or younger|
|Midget Boy/Girl||2005 – 2004|
|Junior Boy/Girl||2001 – 2000|
|* Junior Men/Women||1999-1998|
|*U23||1995, 1996, 1997|
|* Senior Men/Women||1995 and older|
|Age at Dec 31,2017|
|Master 1-2||Age 30 – 39|
|Master 3-4||Age 40 – 49|
|Master 5-6||Age 50 – 59|
|Master 7||Age 60+|
|Para Nordic||No Age limit|
|* = Open Category|
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge
Cross Country Alberta
Cross Country Canada
Please note IMPORTANT DEADLINES: Start list for both races will be published prior to the Friday Team captains meeting. Registration or seeding adjustments received after the listed deadline will not receive consideration.
Chief of Competition – Jim Hendry
Technical Delegate – TBD
Assistant TD – TBD
CCA Race Director – Mike Neary
Located at the Biathlon Building
Race Office Hours:
Friday, December 1 – 10:00 – 16:00
Saturday December 2 – 7:30 – 16:00
Sunday December 3 – 7:300 – 16:00
Competition Secretary – Jeanie Godfrey
Weather Conditions; Trail Conditions
CCA Glide Waxing Protocol for All CATEGORIES
Cross Country Alberta requests that all coaches, athletes, wax technicians, and parents abide by a self- governed protocol while waxing skis for all athletes. This request applies to all local, regional and provincial events taking place in Alberta (e.g. club races, loppets, regional cup races, AB Cups, AB Youth Championships, and AB Winter Games). This request also applies to athletes traveling to Alberta from out-of-province or out-of-country. The recommended glide waxing protocol is as follows:
- Structure tools ARE permitted
- Non-Fluoro (NF) or Low Fluoro (LF) glide waxes ARE permitted
- Medium Fluoro (MF) or High Fluoro (HF) glide waxes are NOT permitted
- Pure Fluoro glide waxes (powders, pucks, blocks and liquid) are NOT permitted
- Cold weather powder additives and hardeners are NOT permitted
The adherence to this protocol is self-governed and is the responsibility of the coaches, athletes, parents and wax technicians.
ELIGIBILITY AND LICENSE
Competitors in the Juvenile and older categories must have a CCC Racing License, FIS Racing License, Foreign National License, or a CCC Supporting Member Day License (SMDL). A SMDL must be acquired online while registering at www.zone4.ca
SEEDING AND POINTS
Seeding for Provincial events will be done using the following criteria:
All Junior and Senior racers will be automatically included in the Open category for the purposes of awarding prize money in all common race distances. Results will be broken down by age category. All skiers will be eligible for their category specific awards.
Awards will be presented to winners in each category as soon as possible following each race.
Depending on the length of the day, a decision may be made to do two sets of awards.
Saturday, Dec 2, 2017
Distance Interval Start Free Technique
Sunday, Dec 3, 2017
Mass Start Classic Technique
Due to early season conditions, all distances, courses and formats are subject to change
Team Captain Meetings will be held on December 1 and 2 at 19:00 in the Canmore Nordic Day Lodge
*Start lists will be provided at each TC meeting.
Wax Rooms are available to teams. Each room will require a $250.00 cash or cheque key deposit. Please let the Race Secretary know if your team requires a room. firstname.lastname@example.org
Exact details of team/ wax room allocation TBA
Race maps, detailed schedule, team captain’s meeting minutes and other race information will be available at: www.canmorenordic.com