Bow Valley Camp Aug 19-21

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello All,
    Please see the information below from Roy regarding the Bow Valley Camp. Great training opportunities right here in our back yard. Thanks,
    Matt

Hi,
    next week is our club’s annual summer training camp – if you are going to be in canmore next monday, tuesday , or wednesday you are invited to attend. Here are the details:

When: MondayAug 19, Tuesday Aug 20, Wed Aug 21

Where:
    Mon Aug 19 – Bow Valley Prov Park,drop off and pick up at the first parking lot
    Tues Aug 20 – Grotto Mtn hike – drop off and pick up at alpine club
    Wed, Aug 21 – Banff/Vermillian Lakes – drop off at Vermilion lakes road; pick up at Douglas Fir resort

Times – 9am – 330pm each day

Coaches: Roy Strum CNSC, Joel Gervais, St Albert Nordic Ski Club; one assistant coach each day (club parent or TA coach or ?)

Parent helpers – yes please – one for each day.
    Mon – still need one or two
    Tues – Vicki Perkins (maybe) and another
    Wed – still need one or two

Program
    Mon Aug 19 – skate roller ski technique and fitness; field games; strength/core session, team building activities

Tuesday Aug 20 – day hike up Grotto

Wed Aug 20 – classic roller ski technique and fitness; lunch at central park; ride on coastline and hoodoo trails

What to bring
    -rollerskis if you have them; reflective vest for rollerskiing; helmet, gloves, ski boots, poles, running shoes, bag lunch, at least 2L of water, waterbelt, trail snacks, rain layer/jacket, warm layer, sunscreen, bug lotion, mtb for wednesday.

How to register (please do so that we know who is attending each day)
    contact roystrum@gmail.com

faq’s
    – do we need to attend all three days – no
    – do i need my own roller skis – no we will use club skis – bring your own if you have them

I am still looking for an assistant coach for each monday and wednesday – please let me know

also for wednesday – we will need to get bikes to vermilion lakes – bring a bike lock and we will lock bikes to a post and ride to lunch downtown and then ride to coastline and hoodoo trails in the afternoon

any questions – please let me know

thanks
    Roy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters