January 11-17 *Updated 7:30am Friday*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

With the recent announcement from the AB Government, we will be maintaining our 4 PODS for the next 2 weeks at least, but we are all learning and there is lots of great training and inter-team racing coming your way!

The weather is quite unpredictable these days, but I will do my best to update the forum by noon with my best guess for a wax recommendation for the night. When in doubt, follow the waxing guide.

The natural snow trails are still in great shape, so be sure to have your headlamp for each session. This great skiing is too good to pass up!

Training this week:
    Monday(11) Classic @ CNC
    POD 6: 5:00-6:15 Meet by the fire hydrant starting with Matt
    POD 7: 5:00-6:15 Meet in front of the teamroom starting with Evan
    POD 8: 6:15-7:30 Meet by the fire hydrant starting with Matt
    POD 9: 6:15-7:30 Meet in front of the teamroom starting with Evan
    Get ready for an adventure down to the old lower 5km from the ’88 Olympics! Headlamps and herringbone will be our go to for tonight.
    Wax Recommendation: It is quite warm out today so 2 options depending on what you have:
    Option 1) Swix Universal Klister, let it cool, then cover with 2 layers of Rode Violet
    Option 2) Rode Viola Extra- good thick layer

It will probably be similar tomorrow

Tuesday(12) Classic @ CNC
    POD 8: 5:00-6:15 Meet by the fire hydrant starting with Evan
    POD 9: 5:00-6:15 Meet in front of the teamroom starting with Matt
    POD 6: 6:15-7:30 Meet by the fire hydrant starting with Evan
    POD 7: 6:15-7:30 Meet in front of the teamroom starting with Matt
    New technique tool surprise coming your way tonight. Don’t forget your headlamps.
    Waxing can be challenging, but it is important to learn how to classic ski in all conditions.
    Wax Recommendation: The forecast is for +9 and rain, but current temp is +2 and falling. So below are my best recommendations:
    Option 1) Thin layer Swix Universal Klister, let it cool, then cover with 2 layers of Rode Violet
    Option 2) Rode Viola Extra (or similar wax in a +1 to +4 range, Swix VR 60)- good thick layer

Thursday(14) Biathlon @ CNC
    POD Biathlon: 4:45-6:15

Saturday(16) Distance Skate Time Trial @ CNC
    POD 6: 12:30-1:45 Meet at the fire hydrant
    POD 7: 12:30-1:45 Meet at the teamroom
    POD 8: 1:45-3:00 Meet at the fire hydrant
    POD 9: 1:45-3:00 Meet at the teamroom
    We will race 2 loops of a 1.75km for a total time trial of 3.5km up on the Osprey and Rundle Trail. Coaches will warm up the athletes skiing the course and talk racing strategy and start about 45min after the beginning of the session. Parents welcome to come out and cheer on the course! Thank you Andreas and Evelyne for helping out with timing!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters