November 29-December 5 *Take 2…*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

My appologies team, my original post did not publish as planned, and I just realized it now. Please see the plan below.

Great racing over the weekend biathletes.  Remember the importance of rest when you are racing and training a lot.  So, if you raced both days on the weekend take Monday off to recover.

The Para World Cups will be in town, so we have to vacate our teamroom for the national team to use.  Between Nov 29 and Dec 12 we will meet in far end of the XC stadium by the day lodge.  Near where the ice rink has been in years past.

Tricky weather this week, so check back for updates, but here is the plan.

Monday(29) Classic Ski @ CNC

5:00-6:30  It will be warming a lot each day, so time to embrace the klister.  The videos are great to follow on the website if you are unsure about klister application.  The last time we had klister, some of you had quite slow/grabby skis because it was applied too thick.  So just put on a thinner layer.  Klister is from .2 to .2 on the ski.  Wax recommendation will be Universal klister. Don’t forget the headlamp as we will hopefully venture off into the dark.

Tuesday(30)Classic ski @ CNC

5:00-6:30 Since you got the skis all klistered yesterday, we will go for it again.  Have a look to be sure it has not dripped down the tail of the ski into the glide zone (common if you store your skis in a warm place).  Tonight we will get into some snappy speed work.

The snow is VERY abrasive, so you need a kilster base (hard blue klister or specific base binder), then put your Universal Klister over top.  The “spray on” klister seems nice, but from experience does not work well.  I recommend following the wax guide and having traditional klister on hand.  Winters are warming and we will ski on klister more than we used to.

Meet in far end of the XC stadium by the day lodge

Thursday(2) Biathlon @ CNC

4:45-6:15 Biathlon Training. Meet at the back of the club team room #2. (Door #3)

Saturday(4) Running Scavenger Hunt @ LGMS

9:00-11:00 Scavenger hunt running around town with the LC athletes as group leaders.  Meet at the track to make teams.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters