October 12-18 *Updated Saturday @ 8:30*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

It’s HEADLAMP SEASON!! Pop some fresh batteries in there, or charge it up if you have a rechargeable one. Put it in your drink belt/ water pack and bring it to every session. Mostly for the 2nd pod of the night, but we will need them for all sessions before too long. This is for your safety so you can see where you are going and for your teammates safety so they do not run into you.

If you are running around the nordic centre, you will notice that the crews are starting work to put out Frozen Thunder! It is scheduled to open on October 19. If you ski after 5pm, there is no charge, but on Saturdays TTs will need to purchase a day pass. We will do some skiing on it for our evening sessions, weather permitting. It can be very poor skiing on days when it melts a lot in the day, then begins to refreeze in the evening. I plan to just have 1 or 2 Saturdays when we will ski, so purchasing day passes should be the most economical.

Remember to change your rollerski tips for your winter baskets in the next week.

Season passes for the Canmore Nordic Centre are currently on sale, and if you purchase before October 31 you receive a 10% discount.

Flex testing:
    I will start testing skate and classic skis this week to be sure your equipment is a good fit. Currently only the head coach for each program is allowed in the teamroom, so I will put a rack in front of the teamroom at the start of sessions to put skis in. Be sure skis are: Scraped/ brushed, free of any kick wax, and try to wipe off old wax pocket lines with wax remover. If skis are not scraped/clean they will not be tested. Write your name and weight in KG on a piece of tape on the skis. If skis are a good fit, I’ll mark the kick zone for classic skis. If not, I’ll note the ideal weight for the skier on that ski. Once skis are tested, I will have them in a different ski holder which I will pull out in front of the teamroom before sessions.

I hope you all received the note that we will not be able to hold our ski swap this year, but hopefully an online exchange will be able to take place. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Remember, ski poles need to be a proper height for good technique. Measure your athlete with their ski boots on. Then measure poles from the tip to where the strap comes out of the handle. Skate poles should be 88% of your height and classic 83%

It is looking very promising for a race season this year. We are waiting on just a few more details, but will be sending out an email hopefully this week with the tentative plan.

Training this week:
    Monday(12)- No team training, Happy Thanksgiving

Tuesday(13) Biathlon @ CNC
    POD 4: 4:45-6:15 *Please remember to bring your mountain bike so we can get to the agility park with speed!*

Wednesday(14) Running @ CNC
    POD 4: 6:15-7:30
    POD 5: 5:00-6:15
    We will have a rip around the nordic centre with some little physically distanced games. Pod 4- don’t forget your headlamp!

Saturday(17) Run the G8 and Horseshoe trails
    Meet at the Alpine Club/ Grotto Mtn Trailhead: https://goo.gl/maps/yv7pdkd8RxZzG8sK6
    POD 4: 12:30-2:30
    POD 5: 12:35-2:35
    It is quite icy out there, so the rocky section of the hike would not be safe. We will run on the G8 and horseshoe trails. Dress for the weather as it is forecasted to be a chilly day (think January). Bring 1L water and a snack.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters