October 19-25 *Updated Wednesday at 4:25*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

Ski season has officially arrived thanks to Frozen Thunder and all the supporting partners! We are very fortunate to be able to get on snow so early, but I also know that March is a long way off. We will absolutely take advantage of Frozen Thunder, but still mix in some good dryland training for the remainder of the fall to keep training fresh and fun.

Thank you to everyone who dropped off skis for felx testing last Wednesday, they will be ready before training Monday, with the next round available to come in. Keep up the good work delivering scraped, brushed, clean skis with the necessary info (name, weight in KG). You all should have received the email with a link to the Club Virtual Swap. Email Matt if you did not receive it.

Race calendar and some booking info coming shortly via email.

Training this week:
    Monday(19) Skate Ski @ CNC
    POD 4: 5:00-6:15
    POD 5: 6:15-7:30 (remember your headlamp!!!)
    We will start on the grass by the teamroom with a little mobility and activation drills, then get skiing! Bring Skate Skis (they don’t have to be a perfect fit), sakte poles (with snow baskets), skate boots, and your drink belt. As well, bring running shoes just in case the snow re-freezes faster than expected making skiing exceptionally difficult.

Tuesday(20) Biathlon @ CNC
    POD 4: 4:45-6:15

Wednesday(21) STUR #5 @ Silver Tip
    The Race is ON! The path may be a little snowy, but nothing you can’t handle.
    Meet in the Lower Holiday Inn Parking Lot (same as last time)
    POD 4: 5:15-6:30
    POD 5: 5:00-6:15
    Start list with “live timing!” https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DUTiWvG4-gI0Zd1K31UlXZhUnXhlFcTIqPaP5_rZcl8/edit?usp=sharing

If you can not make it, please email Matt so we can adjust the start list.
    This is our last STUR of the year! A great race opportunity to try and improve your time from the last one. Past times here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kUt711mn2BsMkVfC3v6yUA1VnjLkc0nxb7nogFOovCI/edit?usp=sharing

Saturday(24) Skate Ski and Run @ CNC
    POD 4: 12:30-2:30 Run first then Ski
    POD 5: 12:30-2:30 Ski first then Run
    As athletes are not allowed in the teamroom, I will put out a ski rack and bucket that you can place items in, then will put equipment inside while we are running/skiing.

As we are skiing in the day, be sure to purchase your frozen thunder day pass. Sometimes the line is quite long, so give yourself at least 10 min extra to do this.

“I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But what I can’t accept is not trying.” –Michael Jordan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters