October 26- November 1 *Updated Thursday @ 11am*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TTs,

Great work getting so many skis in for me to test. I appreciate that as I do all the testing for the athletes I coach so that I can understand your equipment. Also, come race day, having clearly marked kick zones really helps all us on the wax team to wax skis correctly and efficiently. Remember, skis seldom are perfect, but we are trying to get in the ball park. With classic skis, this is sometimes as simple as adding an extra couple layers of wax. I will continue with the current system of having skis in racks out front of the teamroom before/after each session.

Training this week:
    Monday(26) Run @ CNC
    POD 4: 5:00-6:15
    POD 5: 6:15-7:30 **Head Lamp**
    Tonight will be an epic Fox Hunt (with modifications for distancing).
    Meet at the teamroom.

Tuesday(27) Biathlon @ CNC
    POD 4: 4:45-6:15

Wednesday(28) Skate Ski on Frozen Thunder @ CNC
    POD 4: 6:15-7:30 **Head Lamp**
    POD 5: 5:00-6:15
    Tonight we will be working on our fast twitch! Get ready for some short fast sprints.
    Meet at the teamroom.

Saturday(31) Classic Ski on Frozen Thunder @ CNC
    HALLOWEEN- Costumes welcome, I’ll have one on! But be sure you can still move well.
    POD 4: 1:00-3:00
    POD 5: 1:00-3:00
    We will start with a klister wax seminar. You need to bring: Skis (with no wax on them, roughed up kick zone), Swix Universal klister. We will provide the heat and a little hand cleaner after. Parents welcome to attend, but athletes need to be the ones learning how to wax your skis. DON’T FEAR KLISTER!!!! We will maintain distance between the two pods, but will instruct all at once.

Once skis are all waxed, we will hit Frozen Thunder. Last Saturday the loop was much more quiet at 1:30 allowing for better skiing/coaching of the athletes, hence the later start time.

Frozen Thunder is a small loop, so very hard to get lost, but it will be great to have 1 parent tailgunner with each pod. Sign up on the spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VM2I3JiCOm4wEsQenW5SE4k_-nSiAsIEwNqvLsixZFA/edit?usp=sharing

“My comfort zone is like a little bubble around me, and I’ve pushed it in different directions and made it bigger and bigger until these objectives that seemed totally crazy eventually fall within the realm of the possible.” -Alex Honnold

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters