- This topic is empty.
Oct 29, 2022 at 4:52 PM #15950
- Check the forum before each workout as there are occasional changes to sessions in the fall and winter.
- If you have grown 3kg or more since last fall, it is good to confirm your wax pockets. Drop off skis for flex testing at the teamroom. If something is not a good fit, we will note the weight range for that ski. Ensure skis are clean, scraped, and brushed. We can check skate skis too if needed.
- Order your Canmore Nordic clothing, including the redesigned race suit HERE Deadline Nov 6
- Continue filling in the race spreadsheet HERE
- Trail Sports has received many skis recently. Stop in if you are looking for some.
- Ski Swap is Nov 5 (consignment), Nov 6 (Sale)
- ADST Selection Criteria here
- AST Selection Criteria here
- Canada Games Selection Criteria here
- Starting next week (Nov 7) Headlamps will be required at all outdoor sessions.
Training this week:
4:45-6:15 Bike or rollerski up to the BWTC. Strength with Chelsea 5:00-6:00. Bike or rollerski back home.
4:45-6:45 Classic Ski and Strength. Drop equipment at the teamroom. U16 will ski first, U18 will be in the gym first. Starting next week we will change up the order to alter who skis in the dark.
4:45-6:45 Ski Sandwich second course… Run – Ski – Run
1) Meet at Peaks of Grassi Park and load SKATE skis/boots/poles into coach vehicle
2) Run to the teamroom
3) Ski for 1hr- SUPER FOCUSED
4) Run back to Peaks of Grassi Park to get picked up. Equipment driven back.
4:45-6:15 Classic intensity at BullsEye. We didn’t get enough new snow, it’s still klister. Swix universal will work (carry the usual kick waxes in your drink belt with a cork). Meet at the groomer.
9:45-11:15 Skate Time Trial. 5.7km (3 laps). Meet at the teamroom, then focus on your warm up. First start will be at 10:30.
“One of the great gifts of sport is learning how to fail in public. People never go to the gym because they’re scared of looking stupid, never share their writing because they’re scared of judgment, never open their heart because they’re scared of rejection. Sports train you to face your fear.” -James Clear.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.