Week of December 2: Updated with Alberta Cup Race Information.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Justin Wadsworth
    Keymaster

Hi all,
    A great week of skiing ahead of us. Be sure to send your kids with headlamps as we are headed out to ski on unlit loops this week. Scroll down if your kids are interested in ski racing in the Alberta Cup this weekend.

Monday, December. 2 5:00-6:30
    Skate skiing session.

Thursday, December 5. 5:00-6:30
    Classic session. Wax: rode multigrade. We will attempt to figure out race course!

Alberta Cup Racing
    This weekend, there is a “focus on fun” opportunity for Track Attack kids to race in the Alberta Cup. I will be leading a team of parent volunteers. We will take care of your kids from warm-up to race finish. Exact time to drop kids off and race time will be updated on Friday night.

Saturday, December 7. Alberta Cup #1. Classic.
    10: 00 am- drop off classic skis with parent volunteers for grip wax application.
    1.5 hours before category start time : Drop kids @ Canmore Nordic Team Room in the Biathlon Parking.
    Warm up coach for U10 Girls and Boys: Beckie Scott
    Warm up coach for U12 Girls and Boys: Monica O’Gorman
    Start times: To be posted Friday night at https://zone4.ca/event/2019/CanmoreNorAM/

Sunday, December 8. Alberta Cup #2. Skate.
    1.25 hours before category start time : Drop kids @ Canmore Nordic Team Room in the Biathlon Parking.
    Warm up coach for U10 Girls and Boys: Beckie Scott
    Warm up coach for U12 Girls and Boys: Aaron Byrant and Michel Tessier
    Start times: https://zone4.ca/event/2019/CanmoreNorAM/

Waxing recommendations for the Alberta Cup
    Please mark all skis with your child’s name and race category.

Classic: Ensure the kick zone of skis is scraped, cleaned and roughed up with sandpaper. This is important as beers will be owed to parent volunteers who have to scrap off any grip wax.

Glide wax: If you feel like it, you may glide wax and scrape classic (not in the grip zone) and skate skis with Solda Performance Red. Solda Red will be the go to wax for 80% of the races. If you need to stock up on Solda Red, let me know. There is a limited amount for sale by the club @ $30 (180 grams). At this age, glide wax application will have little impact the fun factor and results page. Don’t sweat it if glide wax application is an overwhelming task or expense. Disclaimer: If our family gets around to glide wax application, it is mixture of our favourite colors of wax bits.

Any questions? Send me an email: sararenner@me.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters