Week of Nov 18th, 2019: Updated classic wax recommendation for Thursday session

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Justin Wadsworth
    Keymaster

Hello All!

First off, I’d like to remind people that I will be away traveling with the Biathlon National team from Nov 17-Dec 10. Sara Renner has graciously offered to lead the Track Attack program while I’m away. For those who do not know Sara, she is an Olympic Silver Medalist, and one of the best people you’ll ever meet. She has been part of Track Attack for many years with her oldest daughter Aria, and has led the program for me before, both in training and in racing.
    I’ll be working with Sara in making the plans for each evening, and have her well briefed in what we’ve done to this point. I know one thing, and that is with Sara the kids will be having fun.

We will be trying to have the kids classic ski this week weather depending. The reason I say weather depending, is we try to hold classic ski nights on evenings where we think it will be easy to have kick wax that is easy to apply, and gives the kids good kick. Generally this means colder days (below-1 C)and nights(-4C). If there are any experienced parent waxers that would like to show up 30 min early and help newer parents wax on classic nights, please let me know, and we’ll spread the word. We will also try to do a basic wax clinic in the coming weeks.
    We will also try to update wax suggestions the day of the classic ski nights, so please check the forum the afternoon before practice.

With that said, this week both sessions will meet as normal at 5:00 at the CNSC wax-room. Monday we will skate, and Thursday we will TRY to classic ski, but this will be updated Thursday, so please stay tuned!

If you have any concerns or questions, please email me at jwadsworth@biathloncanada.ca

Thanks!!

Justin

Justin Wadsworth
    Keymaster

Thursday (20) 5:00-6:30 @ CNC
    With the fresh snow, we are going to classic ski! Wax skis 3-4 layers of Rodi Violet. If you are a new parent to nordic and get the cold sweats thinking of grip wax application, fear not. Just come a few minutes early and the coaches get your kid(s) sorted.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters