March 4 – 10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Caitlin Campbell
    Keymaster

Hello U14’s

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend at Alberta Youth Champs! That wraps up your official race season and I hope everyone is proud of what you have accomplished! You guys had a busy season and us coaches were super impressed with how everyone improved and raced! Now we get to enjoy a few more weeks of fun on fresh snow!

Couple dates to keep in mind for you all in the coming weeks, more information to come for all of these but pen them into your calendars!

Tue. Mar. 19: Track Attacks will be joining in to check out some U14 action.

Wed. Mar. 20: U16 Try-on session for U14-2’s.

Thu. Mar. 21: U14-1&2’s Biathlon try-on session, XC athletes are invited to try out some biathlon (With me, Mark)!

Here’s our plan for the week:

Monday(4) No training, rest up after AYC

Tuesday (5) Classic 
    5:00-6:30 Meet in the stadium

Thursday (7) Biathlon 
    4:45-6:15 Our weather looks much more cooperative than last Thursday (What a blast of a session that was!). This session will look a little different, as we will be inviting the Grizzlies in for a little try-on session.

I (Mark) will be away in Ottawa for this Thursday, so Kerstin will be leading the show. You’ll have some extra guest coaches as well.

Reminders: There will be no biathlon practice next Thursday, as the range is temporarily closed for the IBU World Cup. Check out canmorebiathlon.ca for the schedule, and come out to watch the fun! Our last practice of the season will be the following week, March 21st.

Saturday (9) Skate Distance + ‘Technique with Thomas’
    1:00-3:00pm:  Meet in the stadium. Thomas, Alan and Megan will be leading the session today, thank you guys! Have some fun on trails we haven’t been able to ski much this year and working on technique.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters