FOCUS: Active play and FUNdamentals
For kids born 2009-2016. This nationally supported program promotes the fundamental development of ski skills in a fun-filled environment. The objective is for children to learn basic cross-country ski skills – both classic (first) and skating, and to foster a lifelong interest in the sport, thereby enhancing their quality of life and health. Many special event nights are included throughout the program. Parents must choose from a number of volunteer opportunities to help the program run smoothly.
There are 2 options possible: Tuesday evenings OR Sunday mornings.
* Note that we will only accept ten kids (for each Tuesday and Sunday) in the program born in 2016 (see note below)
VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT: Parents must choose from a number of volunteer opportunities to help the program run smoothly.
Deleted:******** JACKRABBIT PROGRAM for Kids born in 2016: We will accept a maximum of ten kids (for each Tuesday and Sunday) in the program who are born in 2016. Kids must be ready physically and socially to take part in the program. Parent participation is mandatory for registering your 2016 born kid as we need a minimum of 3 parent helpers at each session.
BIATHLON ADD-ON: It is possible to add a Biathlon Polar Bears shooting session with the Jackrabbit program. This add-on session is on Wednesdays. Only a total of 6 spots available for each block (3 blocks in total).
The POLAR BEARS program is for kids born in 2010 and 2011. The sessions run on Wednesdays 4:45-6:00pm at the Canmore Nordic Centre,
We are using Eco Aim rifles starting this year. This is a great way for kids to try out biathlon. These are laser rifles with great accuracy – https://www.ecoaims.com
We are offering 3 blocks of 2 weeks each:
BLOCK 1: Jan 13, 20 – Mixed gender
BLOCK 2: Feb 3, 10 – This block is only for girls
BLOCK 3: Feb 24, Mar 3 – Mixed gender
JACKRABBIT TUESDAY Option:
DATES: January 5 to March 9, 2021
TIMES: Tuesdays, staggered start time:
5:30pm to 6:30pm
6:00pm to 7:00pm
10 sessions, including family week
JACKRABBIT SUNDAY Option:
DATES: January 10, 17, Feb 7, 14, 21, March 7, 2021
TIMES: Sundays, staggered start time:
9:30am to 10:30am
10:00am to 11:00am
$160 for Tuesdays – 10 sessions
$100 for Sundays – 6 sessions
RESOURCE: Cross Country Canada’s Skill and Development Program for Children
COACHING: Certified coaches from the club’s junior program.
Registration is now closed – contact us to be waitlisted
CANCELLATION POLICY AND PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under no circumstances will abuse of any kind be tolerated.
- Should any problem arise with the program or instructor, please notify the program coordinator as soon as possible.
- The participant is responsible for all their own equipment. This needs to be acquired prior to the start of the class.
- Classes are cancelled when it’s too cold, around -15C – decided by program coordinator and club’s program director by 2pm. Cancellations will be notified by email and also posted on our website. We will attempt to make up those classes, but we cannot promise as this program is a volunteer led program. Refunds are not given.
PROGRAM PAYMENT AND WITHDRAWAL:
100% of the program fee is due at registration. Late fees for these programs are outlined above.
A $50 administration fee applies to all refunds requested prior to program start. No refunds will be processed after program start except for medical reasons, in which case program fees will be pro-rated. Club membership, CCA, CCC insurance coverage fees are non-refundable.