FOCUS: Active play and FUNdamentals
For kids born 2010-17. This nationally supported program promotes the fundamental development of ski skills in a fun-filled environment. The objective is for children to learn basic cross-country ski skills – both classic (first) and skating, and to foster a lifelong interest in the sport, thereby enhancing their quality of life and health. Many special event nights are included throughout the program. Parents must choose from a number of volunteer opportunities to help the program run smoothly.
There are 2 options possible: Tuesday evenings OR Sunday mornings.
* Note that we will only accept ten kids (for each Tuesday and Sunday) in the program born in 2017 (see note below)
VOLUNTEER COMMITMENT: Parents must choose from a number of volunteer opportunities to help the program run smoothly.
Deleted:******** JACKRABBIT PROGRAM for Kids born in 2017: We will accept a maximum of ten kids (for each Tuesday and Sunday) in the program who are born in 2017. Kids must be ready physically and socially to take part in the program. Parent participation is mandatory for registering your 2017 born kid as we need a minimum of 3 parent helpers at each session.
BIATHLON ADD-ON: It is possible to add a Biathlon Polar Bears shooting session with the Jackrabbit program. This add-on session is on Wednesdays.
The POLAR BEARS program is for kids born in 2011 and 2012.
BLOCK 1: Wednesdays, Jan 12, 19, 26, Feb 2
BLOCK 2: Wednesdays, Feb 16, 23, March 2, 9
TIMES: Wednesday evenings, two time slots between 4:45pm to 6:00pm at the Canmore Nordic Centre
COST: $90 – 4 sessions
LIMITED SPACE: Due to rifle numbers, space is limited to 12 athletes per block.
We are using Eco Aim rifles starting this year. This is a great way for kids to try out biathlon. These are laser rifles with great accuracy – https://www.ecoaims.com
JACKRABBIT TUESDAY Option:
DATES: January 11 to March 15, 2022
5:30pm to 6:30pm
10 sessions, including family week
JACKRABBIT SUNDAY Option:
DATES: January 23, Feb 6, 13, 27, March 13, 2022
9:30am to 10:30am
$160 for Tuesdays – 10 sessions
$90 for Sundays – 5 sessions
RESOURCE: Cross Country Canada’s Skill and Development Program for Children
COACHING: Certified coaches from the club’s junior program.
Closed. Jackrabbits is now full for 2021/22.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under no circumstances will abuse of any kind be tolerated.
- Should any problem arise with the program or instructor, please notify the program coordinator as soon as possible.
- The participant is responsible for all their own equipment. This needs to be acquired prior to the start of the class.
- Classes are cancelled when it’s too cold, around -15C – decided by program coordinator and club’s program director by 2pm. Cancellations will be notified by email and also posted on our website. We will attempt to make up those classes, but we cannot promise as this program is a volunteer led program. Refunds are not given.
PROGRAM PAYMENT AND WITHDRAWAL:
100% of the program fee is due at registration. Late fees for these programs are outlined above.
A $50 administration fee applies to all refunds requested prior to program start. No refunds will be processed after program start except for medical reasons, in which case program fees will be pro-rated. Club membership, CCA, CCC insurance coverage fees are non-refundable.