BCRR Saturday Jan 10th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello to all:

Sounds like we will have 20 or more Track Attack racers out for this event at COP.

I am double booked for this weekend so regretfully will not be at COP. 🙁 I will be in Camrose waxing for CNSC biathletes, who will be racing for selection to go to Nationals later in the season.

But we have a great line-up of Track Attack coaches, plus our CNSC coaches Scott and Alain. 😆

BCRR Plan for Saturday January 10th

Arrival:
    9:20 – if pre-registered, may need to purchase trail pass at tent (?)
    8:45 – if not registered yet, registration is at the Tent at NE corner of parking lot. This is also the spot to access trails.

Bibs: Margot and Carinne will pick up all CNSC Track Attack bibs. Can meet parents at the tent initially, then move to main staging area with bibs by 9:40.

Schedule:
    Youth Sprint Tournament
    first heat 1030h
    2nd heat approx. 1115h (depends on nos.)
    3rd heat approx. 1200h

CARINNE AND MARGOT WILL BE THE MEETING SPOT FOR ALL WARM UPS – FIND AN EASY TO SEE SPOT IN THE MAIN STAGING AREA – UP ON THE LARGEST FLAT SPOT

Leaders:
    Jeff – lead warm up for mini midget girls begin at 10:00
    Michael, Carinne help out as needed. E.g. warm up for late comers, determine which heat kids are in. You might want to take on 3 kids each to look after once the heats get going.

Sara, Beca, Lauren, Georgia, Michelle, Katrine, Kennedy, Freya, Jess (?), Morgan (?)

Greg – lead warm up for mini midget boys begin at 10:00
    Jeanie can help out as needed. Ie. Determine which heat boys are in.

Ty, Reid, Thomas, Stefan, Lucas (?)

Laurie – lead warm up for Pee Wee group begin at 10:00
    Deb Sellers and Gary Martin to help.

Anita, Anna, Xander, Jackson, Sam, Devin Manktelow

General Points:

1. Above all, please keep the event light hearted and fun!
    2. Project a calm attitude towards the races
    3. Be supportive and encouraging
    4. Cheering is good as long as it doesn’t increase the “hype”
    5. REMIND KIDS TO BE GOOD SPORTS – NO BUMPING AND CUTTING OFF OTHER SKIERS. RESPECT YOUR SKI FRIENDS
    6. Will need to help kids figure out the round robin approach, and get them into their proper heats.

Wax Suggestions:
    Glide wax with something in the -2 to -8 range,
    solda performance red
    Swix LF7

Please remember to bring snacks for your TA racer. From the start of the warm – up to the final heat will be a long time. They will need fuel and water to keep them going. Also please bring enough clothes for standing outside for the duration of the race. It is not easy to get inside as this venue.

Above all Have fun 😉
    Kathy

Any questions please contact Alain parent at 678 – 0266 or can try me on my cell 609 – 7334

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters