Staying warm will be a challenge tomorrow. If you come prepared you will have a better chance of having a successful race day. Here are some tips:
– Wear glove liners
– Wear overmitts when not shooting
– Wear a thin technical sock under a thicker wool sock
– Use boot covers if you have them
– If you want to use hand or foot warmers, test them out tonight to make sure they won’t interfere during warmup/racing
– Layers! Layer up with base layers under your race suit (I find merino wool works well)
– Wear a toque. No head bands.
– Keep jackets and overpants on in the start pen until a few minutes before your start
– Try KT tape on your nose/cheeks
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Canmore Nordic Ski Club
Our Mission: To promote participation and excellence in the sports of cross country skiing and biathlon in our community.