Feb 26 – Mar 3 *updated Feb 24*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Stuart Harden
    Keymaster

Hello biathlon families,

February was a whirlwind for nordic sports in the Valley! I’m back from a race tour in Europe with BATC and sad to have missed the FIS World Cups in town, but I know that lots of you found various ways to get involved with the event. The IBU World Cups are just around the corner and I hope those that will be in Canmore March 14-17 are able to take advantage and watch more inspiring nordic racing.

Most of you have already heard that both Calforex events planned for Edmonton and Camrose have had to be cancelled due to lack of snow. If you have hotel rooms booked and haven’t already cancelled, don’t forget to do so!

The March 2-3 Calforex Cup is now taking place in Canmore, invitation and registration can be found here:

Calforex Cup #5 – relocated from Camrose to Canmore

Registration closes Feb 28, 23:59. I’ve had conversations with many of you at training already, but if you are unsure how these relocated races fit into your yearly racing schedule, please reach out to me!

XC Nationals at Nakkertok are quickly approaching. The team departs on March 8 and returns the 16th. As usual, there will be no team training sessions in Canmore during the time all the club coaches are away. This coincides with the IBU WC range closure, so no teams (except the National Team!) will be training on the range regardless.

More information on Hinton Biathlon Nationals (March 26-31) will be sent out in the coming days.

Training this week

Monday (26) *updated Feb 24*
    Primo/TTS-Dev
    4:45-6:45 Strength and skate ski.
    U16 in the gym first.

Tuesday (27)
    Jackrabbits.

Wednesday (28) 
    Multi/Primo/TTS-Dev
    4:45-6:15 Shoot/skate combo

Friday (1)
    Multi/Primo/TTS-Dev
    4:45-6:00 Race prep shoot/skate combo

Saturday (2)
    Calforex Canmore Mass Start

Sunday (3)
    Calforex Canmore Sprint

“Cycling is not rocket science.” – Jens Voigt, professional cyclist.
    The same applies to biathlon!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters