Goat Creek Ski – Monday Dec 29th

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Goat Creek Ski Monday December 29th

* I have not had the chance to check out the trail, so if anyone knows that the trail is not suitable, please get in touch with me. Our back up plan would be to do the Cascade Fire Road**

MEET AT THE GOAT CREEK PARKING LOT 9:30
    plan to leave the parking lot by 10:00 (hopefully a little earlier), depending on waxing etc. Across from the trail head for Ha Ling, just past the top of white man’s pass.

It will take somewhere between 2.5 and 3 hours. We will stop at all bridges to re group.

Capable siblings are welcome to join in, but please send them with a parent.

Please bring plenty of water, lots of snacks, and a sandwich for lunch.

Also make sure the kids have enough warm clothes, something for their faces etc. with them, so they can shed and add layers as they need to. A small backpack might be needed, or hook up with a parent who has a big backpack!

Parents if you could throw an extra pair of mitts, a hat, anything else, in your backpacks, just so we have a good supply of additional layers if needed. Also some wax may be necessary along the trail. I will have some, but a few others should also! I will have a first aid kit with me.

10:00 – 12:30 or 1:00 ski the trail (note that we will take the left or north, fork of the trail, and end at the upper trail head parking lot. )

We will need parents to ski the trail with us, and also vehicles and drivers at the Banff end!

We can discuss further at the afternoon ski on sunday.

Kathy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters