June 20 – 26

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Stuart Harden
    Keymaster

Hi U14-2 crew,

We are looking at rescheduling the Silvertip Uphill Run to Tuesday the 28th. Stay tuned for confirmation of date and time.

Monday June 20 (5:00-6:30pm): Skate rollerski CNC. Meet at team room.

Equipment needed:

• Helmet
    • Gloves
    • Skate boots
    • Skate poles with rollerski tips (can be purchased at Trail Sports for $20)
    • Skate rollerskis (make sure your binding matches your boot!)
    • Elbow and knee pads recommended for those new to rollerskiing.

We hope for athletes in U14-2 to own their own skate rollerskis. Check out Trail Sports if you are looking to buy a pair. Feel free to get in touch with me (Stu) if you are looking to buy used rollerskis and I can try my best to point you in the right direction. Of course, there is some risk in buying used sports gear. If you do buy used, make sure that the bolts holding on the wheels are tight and in good condition, that the wheel bearings are smooth and silent, and that the rubber on the wheels have even wear. Please let me know if you are unable to buy or borrow rollerskis in time for Monday training.

As always, make sure to bring food and water! On that note: I found someone’s water bottle following our road ride a few weeks ago, I’ll bring it to Monday training.

“If you want to go quickly, go alone; if you want to go far, go together” – African(?) proverb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters