June 25- July 1 – T2’s

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi T2’s
    a big week this week! a couple of reminders:
    – we’ve got some extra sessions on this week as we are doing a volume week for our physical training plan (important to try to get to all practices and do the at-home work as well) – details are on the 2 week plan that I sent out by email last week.
    – please sign up for the Canada day run (8K or 3K depending on your age) on zone 4 – https://zone4.ca/register.asp?id=3172&lan=1&cartlevel=1 – registration deadline is friday june 29, 11pm. Parents, if you are not running, I know we could still use some help with running the event which is a fundraiser for our ski club (contact Jeff Jantz at papajantz@gmail.com if you can help as a volunteer)
    – starting next week our practices move to tuesday, wednesday, thursday mornings from 9-11am – some weeks there will not be a practice session each of those days, but most weeks there will be throughout the summer. Check the forum for weekly details.

Here is our week:

Monday (25) – rest day

Tuesday (26): We will do some running intensity today. Team room, 1630-1800. Please read the paper on running technique before the workout that is found on viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3960 .

Wednesday (27): Drop off at Harvey Heights parking lot, pick up at the top of Silver Tip. 1630-1800, rollerski classic. Bring helmet + vest.

Thursday (28): 6-8pm – mountain biking at cnc. meet at team room at 6pm. helmet, water, bike

Friday (29): home strength workout – as detailed in the strength plan that I emailed last week – we will go through this at home strength plan on thursday as part of our mtn bike session so that everyone is familiar with it.

Sat (30) – dayhike – Pigeon Mtn – meet at skogan pass trailhead above dead man’s flats at 830am. Need to bring: mtn bike, helmet, hiking shoes, water, bag lunch, trail snacks, rain gear, warm clothes in case its windy, mitts, toque. We will plan to ride up the cut line double track trail and leave our bikes where the single track starts – it will be a fun ride out. Please note, this is a family dayhike, siblings and parents welcome. All done by 1-130pm. I’m hoping that one or more parents will come along for added supervision.

Sunday (1): Canada Day run. We will meet at 8:15am for a group warm-up. Please sign up as a volunteer if you are not racing.

It will be a fun week!

Roy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters