March 23-29 **Updated**

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello LCs!

Great work out at Nationals team. Lots of personal bests out there, multiple “podium” and it appeared you all learned a thing or two about racing, supporting your teammates, and living on the road for nearly 2 weeks. All important lessons in ski racing.

Sadly due to lack of snow and forecasted high temperatures, AB Cup 9/10 has been canceled. You can read the press release here http://foothillsnordic.ca/alberta-cup-9-10-cancelled-the-winter-of-our-discontent/

Thursday (26): Skating 2:00pm-3:30pm @ Mount Engadine Lodge!!
    While everything is melting/has melted down her in Canmore, the crust skiing at Engadine Meadows is nearing perfection. I recommend skiing on your warm up skis. I have talked to the the manager and she will be giving us a special rate of $10 for afternoon tea (Beverages, cakes, cookies, cheese, crackers…). We will meet at Engadine Lodge at 2pm, ski for about 1 hour, then you are welcome to enjoy tea for as long as you like (available from 3pm-5pm). Please send me a quick email so I can let her know how many are coming, parents welcome.

I will be at the team room at 12:50 if you need to pick up your ski bag/ scrape skis from nationals.

Also- dress up theme is Hawaiian Luau. Break out the grass skirts.

Thanks for a great season!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters