November 9 – 15

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alain Parent
    Keymaster

Hello Team, great week we just finish and some more great training at Louise next weekend!!

It is mostly easy training for the next 4 days, before we start the camp on Friday (see note below about camp). I will forward you a plan on Tuesday morning. Here’s the plan for group training:

Mon (10): Rest for all

Tue (10): No morning training session. We will meet at 4:30pm at the team room for a warm up run with a few sprints followed by strength in the gym (bring strength 6 or 6B plan). We will be done at 6:15pm

Wed (11): Team room 3:30-5:15pm at the team room for some skate skiing on the loop with sub threshold intervals (Z3). We could change this workout to ski striding if the snow conditions on the loop are not great (bring your running shoes and ski striding poles with you).

Thu (12): No group session today

LAKE LOUISE CAMP:
    Fri (13) to Sunday (15): We will meet on Friday morning to go up to Lake Louise (8:30am cemetery, make sure you have a ride to LL). We will train twice on Fri and Sat, and once on Sun. You need to bring snacks and lunch for Friday. Bring the usual ski equipment, recovery and sport drink, running shoes, snow boots, small toboggans?, a few kick waxes and cork (Rode purple and Rode multigrade purple + Start blue or Swix blue extra for a cover), pen and paper, 2 water bottles with holder, towel, HRM, sunglasses, school work + a head lamp for afternoon training. Have your classic skis waxed at home beforehand – Toko binder, Rode multigrade purple on top (4 layers). I recommend a fresh layer of glider on all your skis this week (-5,-10 range). I am counting on you being great role models to the younger athletes at camp – talk to them, tell them stories, help them out, show them how much fun it is to ski and being a CNSC high performance athlete.

Make sure you take a look at the email Becky circulated on Sunday (rooming list, chores, suggestions, etc…)

Friday:
    8:30am: Depart from cemetery for LL (arrive 8:20am)
    9:30am: 1st workout
    Noon: Lunch
    2:00pm: Optional Yoga session
    3:30pm: depart for 2nd ski
    Evening: Dinner and tobaggan!?

Saturday:
    7:45am: Morning run
    8:00am: Breaky
    9:15am: Depart for trails
    9:30am: Distance ski
    noon: Lunch
    3:30pm: Z1 ski
    Evening: Dinner and presentation!

Sunday:
    7:30am: Morning run
    7:45am: Breaky
    9:00am: Depart for trails
    9:15am: Skate Time Trial
    Noon: Drive home

“When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn’t matter. Am I tired? That doesn’t matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem.”
    Emil Zatopek

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters