October 10-16 *Updated Tuesday 10:15*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello U14s,

Winter is quickly approaching.  While it has been a wonderful mild fall, but we will be on skis before you know it! Now is a good time to get out your ski equipment (skis, boots, poles) and see what condition it is in.  Many of you are growing at this time which means it may be time for new skis.  I will start flex testing skis next week (October 17) to be sure your skis are a good fit.  Keep in mind, there is always a spectrum of fit for skis, but we want to get into that ball park.  If you have grown 5 pounds in the past year, or your kick wax lines have been cleaned off, please drop off your CLASSIC skis for flex testing.  I will mark new lines, or write a recommendation for the weight range for that ski.  I am happy to test skate skis as well, but the flex for a skate ski is not as critical.
    To be flex tested skis must be:
    -Clean (no glide wax or kick wax/klister)
    -Have a piece of painter’s tape with Name and weight in KG.

Frozen Thunder will be rolled out soon (Opening October 22) and we will ski on it a bit to take advantage of this amazing opportunity to get on snow.  Skiing at the Nordic Centre is “free” after 5pm, but for our Saturday sessions you will need a pass to ski.  We plan to ski on Frozen Thunder just 2 Saturdays: Oct 22 & Nov 5.  You can purchase a day pass for these days, or purchase a season pass.  Regular season passes are discounted until Oct 31, so might as well take advantage of that.  Link to purchase passes HERE

Reminder– Parent Meeting October 18 from 6:00-6:45 in the BWTC

Training this week:

Monday(10)– No team training, happy Thanksgiving

Tuesday(11) Skate Rollerski @ CNC
    5:00-6:30 Beautiful weather today to dry out the pavement.  Skate Rollerski is ON!  Meet at the teamroom with skate rollerski equipment. 

Thursday(13) Biathlon @ CNC
    4:45-6:15 Biathlon Training

Saturday(15) Skate Rollerski @ Bow Valley Campground
    1:00-3:00 Distance skate ski at the Bow Valley Campground.  They have closed the campground for the season, so it is fun to rollerski on some different terrain on closed roads.  Meet at the Middle Lake Day Use Area. I will bring the club rollerskis for those who have rented skis.  Bring your usual (helmet, gloves, skate boots, skate poles, drink belt + snack.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters