October 17-23

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello U14s,

As noted last week, I will start flex testing skis this week to be sure your skis are a good fit.  Keep in mind, there is always a spectrum of fit for skis, but we want to get into that ball park.  If you have grown more than 5 pounds in the past year, or your kick wax lines have been cleaned off, please drop off your CLASSIC skis for flex testing.  I will mark new lines, or write a recommendation for the weight range for that ski.  I am happy to test skate skis as well, but the exact flex for a skate ski is not as critical.
    To be flex tested skis must be:
    -Clean (no glide wax or kick wax/klister)
    -Have a piece of painter’s tape with Name and weight in KG.

Frozen Thunder will be rolled out soon (Opening October 22) and we will ski on it a bit to take advantage of this amazing opportunity to get on snow.  Skiing at the Nordic Centre is “free” after 5pm, but for our Saturday sessions you will need a pass to ski.  We plan to ski on Frozen Thunder just 2 Saturdays: Oct 22 & Nov 5.  You can purchase a day pass for these days, or purchase a season pass.  Regular season passes are discounted until Oct 31, so might as well take advantage of that.  Link to purchase passes HERE

Parent Meeting October 18 from 6:00-6:45 in the BWTC

With the roll out of frozen thunder, we will not skate rollerski any more.  Be sure to change your pole tips back to winter baskets.

Training this week:

Monday(17) Silver Tip Uphill Run(STUR) @ Holiday Inn
    5:00-6:30 We will meet in the South East corner of the Holiday Inn parking lot for an uphill running challenge.  2nd year athletes have done this quite a few times, but a first go for the 1st year.  Simply put, run up a 1km course with 100M of climbing.  It is usually 6 to 10 minutes depending on the athlete.  We will warm up as a group, then it will be an individual start time trial, 30 second intervals.  We will wrap up at 6:30 back in the Holiday Inn parking lot.

Times from the day. Link here or see below:

Tuesday(18) Run and Strength @ CNC
    5:00-6:30 We will meet at the flags and have a little run and strength today.   The team will wrap up with some games and Matt will pop into the BWTC for the parent meeting 6:00-6:45.  Parents- I will provide you with an agenda and race calendar at the meeting.  We will be covering program details, standard operating procedures that we have learned over the years at the club, the race calendar, and an opportunity for any questions yo might have.

Skis can be dropped off tonight for flex testing. It will take me a few days to get through, but should be ready for pick up on Thursday, or Saturday.

Thursday(20)Biathlon @ CNC
    4:45-6:15 Ecoaim standing day due to the range closure.  Meet at the teamroom.

Saturday(22) Skate ski and Run @ CNC
    1:00-3:00 Meet at the teamroom for the first Skate Ski of the year on FROZEN THUNDER.  We will ski for about one hour, then run for about 1 hour.  I know it is early in the season and not all the gear will be perfect yet.  Use what you have for skis at the moment, and you can always purchase new equipment as needed.  Trailsports has received a lot of their inventory and the ski swap is coming up November 6. If we can have 1 parent tailgunner for the day, that will be helpful.  Link here

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters