Race info for Saturday Kimberly

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Justin Wadsworth
    Keymaster

Hello All-

Please excuse this email if you’re not in Kimberly.

For those of you who are here, I wanted to give you some information. We have 35 TA’ers racing tomorrow which is really exciting. Unfortunately I have had the flu all week, but I have made the trip to Kimberly, although at this point I’m not hopeful to make it trackside. With the format tomorrow, it will be very important to help your child understand their start times, and help them stay warm in between sprint heats. There will be limited space in the day lodge, so please bring a warm parka and pants for between races. Also bring a water bottle and some snacks to keep them going through the afternoon. This Kings Court format will make it a long afternoon out there, so be prepared yourself!

The team was planning on meeting at 9:45 to pick up bibs and get instructions, but since the first TA starter isn’t until 11:30, let’s just meet at 10. Matt will lead this, and Andreas will help organize the TA’ers for this portion. At 10:30 we will need a few parents that are not racing to help lead a warm up for the TA kids. The tricky part for tomorrow is many parent/coaches are racing as well during the same time period, so many of our normal coaches will not be available(ie Sara, Andreas, etc….). Of course, this would have been fine if I was not laid out with the flu, so I need to see who is available to help lead a warm up from 10:30-11:00. After 11 it will be each athlete/parent’s responsibility to make sure their child stays moving and gets to the starting line. It’s a compact area, so let’s help each other make sure the kids know what to do.

PeeWee boys and girls don’t start until 12:13, so if they come to the 10 AM meeting, then they can maybe do a quick ski of the course with the group at 10:30, and then they can come back to start a proper warm up at 11:45.

Please let me know if you can help lead a warm up for the Bantam’s/Peewee’s at 10:30, and then another Peewee warm up at 11:45.

Sorry for the rambling email-my head is about to explode so I better get this off!

Cheers,
    Justin

PS This format is fun, but everyone really needs to pay attention to the heat times once they get going…..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters