September 23-29 *Updated Friday 5pm*

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Matt DeCarufel
    Keymaster

Hello TT,

Great work last week getting out on rollerskis, challenging yourself on the UMR, and having a beautiful Fall hike on Saturday. Thanks to all the parents for coming out to the meeting so we are all on the same page for the program. Some information below as noted in the meeting:

Camp/Race Sign Up:
    The deadline to sign up for the Lake Louise camp is Oct 1. Be sure you read the 2 club cancelation policies that are noted at the top of the spreadsheet. As well, this will be the sign up sheet for all the races. It will be updated with all the races in calendar order. Keep scrolling right to get to the end of the season. Please sign up by the noted deadlines, but I will be posting reminders when deadlines are approaching. Regarding racing, no racing is mandatory, it is up to you to decide how much you would like to race (up to 16 races).

Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-iwvXKnzDyoLd2Xe2hHOxOuYiugBCXU5fpQg-IbYAzs/edit?usp=sharing

Flex Testing:
    We will get the machine up and running this week starting Wednesday, Sep 25. I encourage you all to get your skis (skate and classic) tested before the ski swap October 19/20 so you can sell them, or pick up some new ones. Skis can be put in the back room in the rack by the machine with: Name and weight on a piece of tape on the skis. If skis are a good fit, I’ll mark the kick zone. If not, I’ll note the ideal weight for the skier on that ski.

Nordiq Canada Racing License:

It is not mandatory to purchase the Development racing license, but will save you a few bucks if you race in more than 5 races.
    License application and details here: https://www.cccski.com/Events/License-Applications.aspx
    Information for the license:
    Club Official: Meghan Bryant
    Coach Name: Matt DeCarufel
    Coach NCCP Level: CCD-L2C
    Coach NCCP#: 5684433

Training this week:

Monday (23) 5:00-6:30 @ CNC
    Mountain Bike. We will break into 3 groups tonight to get in a little mountain bike ride to help prep for the Nipika camp. Athletes will ride with similar skill level teammates to have groups moving at the same speeds. Bring all your usual MTN Biking equipment- No helmet = No riding.

Tuesday (24) *Biathlon* 5:00-6:45 @ CNC
    Biathlon practice with running combo. Please bring running shoes and warm clothes. Remember to show up early to pick up your rifles. We will meet in the team room & head out to the range.

Wednesday 5:00-6:30 (25) @ CNC
    Distance Run. We will be working on moving at a comfortable, but consistent pace tonight. Don’t forget your drink belt.

Saturday (28) 12:30-2:30 @ CNC
    NEW PLAN DUE TO WEATHER- SKI STRIDING ADVENTURE Meet at the teamroom for a 2hr distance run/ski stride adventure in the fresh snow! Be sure to have a few bars to keep you going, ski striding poles, and clothes for a good winter storm!

“The only way to deal with pain is practice. I get used to it during training so that when it happens on big climbs, it feels normal.” -Alex Honnold

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘U14 (Team Values: Supportive, Inclusive, & Fun): Mark & Caitlin’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Our Supporters