Training Monday Oct 16 and Thursday Oct 19

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi

Wow! What a great camp we had at Hawkridge!! I was so proud of all the kids, they were so enthusiastic and keen (and even well-behaved!) A big THANK YOU to all the parents who stayed and helped. I appologize if any kids came home with sore feet and tired ankles from roller skiing- unfortunately all part of the muscle development, but they were such troopers, it was awesome.

Tonight, we will meet at the nordic centre, some stations and then a small “fox Hunt” an orienteering game. PLEASE SEND THE KIDS WELL-DRESSED.

THURSDAYS, BEGINNING OCTOBER 19TH WILL BEGIN OUR 4 – 6 WEEK GYMNASTIC BLOCK. We will meet at the rec centre at 7:00p.m., go outside for a warm-up run and a game, then into the gymnastics centre. WE have hired two gymnastics coaches to continue to help the kids with strength, agility and coordination, and balance. THe gym portion will be 1 hour.

So on Thursdays the kids will need shorts and t-shirt, BUT ALSO APPROPRIATE OOTDOOR CLOTHES.

ALSO ON OCTOBER 26TH, WHILE YOUR KIDS ARE AT THE GYM, I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A MEETING TO EXPLAIN THE SKI PROGRAM IN MORE DETAIL TO YOU. QUESTIONS LIKE “WHY DO WE DO SO MUCH STRENGTH AND AGILITY WORK”, AND WHAT THE EVENT SCHEDULE WILL LOOK LIKE FOR THE YEAR,WILL BE ANSWERED. We are also working on a handbook for you which will include lots of great information.

Please try to come, and bring your questions.

ALSO MONDAY OCTOBER 23RD, BRING YOUR CHILDS SKIIS AND POLES SO i CAN TELL IF THEY WILL STILL FIT OR WHAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED IN TIME FOR THE SKI SWAP ON OCTOBER 28TH.

Sorry this is so long winded,

See you tonight

Kathy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Our Supporters